UIC is authorized to issue your I-20!
I-20 FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
8 CFR 214.3 (J) This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
International students are always welcome and we are committed to provide the same quality education to help them become successful in their endeavors. International students wishing to attend our school must meet the international students admission standards and meet the following requirements in order to obtain their I-20:
1. Applicants must prove that sufficient funds are available from source to defray all living and school expenses during the entire period of study in the United States. The last three bank statements of the sponsor or the student must be presented along with a letter from the sponsor or student.
2. Present to school a photocopy of passport and I-94 if applicable
3. Persons applying for F-1 visa with the initial I-20 will require payment of SEVIS fee of $200. The check or money order should be made payable to the Immigration and Naturalization Service
4. Make a first payment of $800.00 as part of tuition
5. If you are changing your status you must fill out form I-539 and pay a fee of $290. School will assist you in the process
Students who wish to extend their F-1 status will be granted extension only if they are in good academic and financial standing with UIC.
CHANGE OF STATUS
Changing your status to F-1 when you are already in the USA is a simple process. (E.g. from tourist to student). UIC assists our students with this procedure. Students who are in the United States and would like to change their status to F-1 must meet the following requirements:
- Present all documentation mentioned above
- Present a photocopy of your current I-94 (form obtained when you entered the USA)
- Fill out the form I-539 and pay a fee of $290.00 to USCIS. School will assist you in this process
Once the student fulfills these requirements and is admitted into UIC, the school will issue an I-20 and send all the documentation required to the USCIS for visa approval. When F-1 status is granted the student must begin classes immediately. USCIS may or may not grant the petition for F-1 approval. Please contact us for more information.
HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR F-1 TO UIC
Transfer students are always welcome to Unilatina International College. Students who wish to transfer to UIC must meet these simple requirements:
Applicants must prove that sufficient funds are available from a source (sponsor) to defray all living and school expenses during the entire period of study in the United States. The last three bank statements of the sponsor or the student must be presented along with a letter from the sponsor or student.Present to school a photocopy of passport and current I-20
Make a first payment of $800.00 to Unilatina International College as part of tuition
The student and their current school must fill out the transfer form and fax it to UIC
Fill out Application for Admission and pay the fee of a $100.00
Student must obtain a health insurance
Once the prospect student has meet all the requirements mentioned above and is admitted into UIC, the school will issue a new I-20 and the student will begin classes in the following term.
|< Prev||Next >|